Wednesday 14 March 2012

Draft Evaluation 1.

1. In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products? (i.e. of music magazines)

My media product has used most of the current forms and conventions of real media products. This is because i have based my magazine around acoustic styled music. Unlike the magazine mojo my magazine has a new artist on the front so is not as famous. this isn't what usual magazines use as they try to show the most up to date artists and the ones that people are most likely to know. whereas in my magazine i decided to use a new artist as it shows them a chance to make it big and people can become interested in who it is. the colours that i used on my magazine represent are more softer relaxed indie look as i used a mustard yellow instead of white like mojo. i wanted it to look a little different to what is out there but have the same sort of layout as real music magazines. i did this by following the indie genre and looked at the most colours that popped up and also went well together with my music and layout of the magazine. The layout of my front cover is quite different as i have only put cover lines of the left hand side of my magazine. Although my magazine used a lot of similar things to real media products the layout of my front colour has challenged it. Most magazines would use both sides to fill up the whole page but i wanted to go for a tidy look. My contents has used forms and conventions also from real magazines as they layout and use of images look similar. In my contents i have mixed up the pictures of people who are and who are not famous to bring in my audience. my doubled page spread i would say has challenged forms and conventions of real magazines as i have used one whole side of it for my images, and the layout of the other side is quite unusual. i have also made sure the coklours of my models clothes matched my colour scheme so that it all matches well.








1 comment:

  1. Mae

    This is a good start to your response. Make sure you use the vocabulary from the question i.e. use, develop and challenge to clearly show what you have done and why.

    Be clearer on what conventions you have used and why.

    ReplyDelete