Wednesday 28 March 2012

Evaluation 3.

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?



I think that the best kind of media institution that would sell my media product would be Bauer media group and these are a large German publishing company that are based in Humberg. They operate and  sell magazines in 15 different countries so this would be good for my magazine as there would be a massive audience. The music magazines in which Bauer publish are Mojo which is the one my magazine is most like, Kerrang, and Q. I think that my magazine would fit easily into these as it has the same style of music but also offers different things such as guitar tips or festival tickets. The Bauer market currently has magazines mainly published towards men so i think that mine would also appeal to a female audience and so would be something different for the institution to sell and would benefit my magazine. As the company does not have a magazine that relates to a female audience then they would see mine as an opportunity to sell something new that would also fit their music type. They would also be able to make my magazine very successful as the magazine that they have already are very popular.
There are several ways in which i could sell my magazine such as online with its own site, on magazine stands or on adverts. I personally think that the Internet would be the best to sell it as now so many people use the Internet to do things and would also be able to carry it around with them on things such as Ipods. The Internet would also be good to publish on as many of my target audience will have the Internet and know how to use it. But i would also have my magazine on magazine stands for others that prefer to have it in paper.
The type of circulation that i would use would be the paid circulation as i would like it to stay a fit cost and my target audience cant afford to spend lots on a magazine and so i think that £2 pounds would be suitable for the type of magazine that it is. Maybe in a few years time i would think about putting the price up to match magazines such as Kerrang. I would defiantly not sell it by free circulation as i think this shows that the magazine is maybe not very good if it is not worth a lot of money and also buyers wold think that anyone could buy it and it wouldn't be set at a target audience but more at anyone who will buy it.
I think that Baur would be the best as my magazine fits that ones that they sell and i would have mine going out on a monthly basis with a fixed price and i would do offers to reader that buy my magazine over a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment