Saturday 21 January 2012

Front cover.

I like this front cover because i like the way that the colours make it have a retro look with yellow, red, black and white. I like the image on it showing a performer and the type of performer shows what the music in the magazine is. It also has most of the artists that i like on the front of it which makes it appealing to me. I like the way that they have matched the colour of the picture to design of the magazine. I like the style of font for both the text 'GUITAR' and 'ACOUSTIC POP'S NEW STARS'. The font for guitar looks pretty and neat with a modern touch whereas the other looks more vintage and interesting and i think the mix goes well together. Also i think the layout of the page looks very good and seems to be more like columns. I don't think the page looks very even as on the left side there is lots of big text and the picture is mainly on that side but on the right there is only small writing and not much of the picture so i think it looks a bit odd. But looks and artist, i like this magazine the best as the colours remind me or a retro rock look. The colours used in this are mainly red yellow and black and give off a good rock effect.
I really like the design and layout of this front page and they have also used the main colours of red, black, and white. I like the design of there being two types of banners at the top as it makes it look different and also both tell me completely different things. I like the image as the people really connect with the reader and the main singer is at the front and shows off his importance. It shows that the magazine is going to be big on Biffy Clyro so this will bring in a lot of reader who like him and also there are many more artists on the front page to bring more people in. Having the quotations above his name tell me that its about him and that there is going to be something interesting inside about him. They have also put that there is a free prize inside which will get lots of people buying it as music isn't too cheap at the moment. It is music for Biffy Clyro so will bring in fans and new fans who will want to try out his music so the target audience will be huge. Putting that there is a return of weezer will bring in older fans too.  I like the way that there are smaller images on the page so that there is more to look at. I also like that it tell me that there is something exclusive inside and this brings me to want to know what it is. Although i think the page is a bit busy i works for the rock look that they are going for. I like the style of font for the magazine name 'kerrang' because it is like smashed class and gives it a cool look. By telling me that there is posters inside is also like getting something for free so makes me want it more and i think that magazines with posters in are always good. This magazine is what looks like to be more of a 'F' angle.





This front cover also uses the colours red white and black and a again it looks very effective. I like that this magazine is more neat and look more presentable. I like the way that the image is linked with the name of the magazine by it looking like he has smashed it with his guitar. I don't like the way that there seems to be some sort on a contents on the front page as it kind of makes it not look professional i think a contents page should be on its own. Even though other magazine have told me what is going to be in the magazine they have not listed it down one side of the front cover. I like that they have used the main singer of muse on the front colour so that people can recognise it and it will bring in a lot of people. Also by bring the Beatles into a magazine brings in a massive amount of reader from different ages as they are one of the biggest known bands and being able to find out more facts about them is what people want. The way they have highlighted the '200' in red and 'the Beatles' in white makes them stand out very well. I like the use of red lines in-between each of the subjects on the left side of the magazine. Its splits it up nicely and makes it stand out and look effective. The colour of the main image are also chosen well as the match with all of the colours by him having black trousers on with a white t-shirt and a styled red and black jacket, at all mixes and i think it is very well presented. I can tell that it is a good magazine as the banner on the top says that it is the UK's biggest music magazine so that will automatically make me think that it is going to be good. Because the image on the man is smashing the 'Q' it make the image almost seem 3D so it really stands out from anything normal. This magazine is more of the 'Z' type.

1 comment:

  1. Mae, these aren't bad (especially considering you had to start again having analysed a fake food mag) but they would benefit from you identifying the 3 colour palette's which they use.

    You'd also do well to identify the pattern they follow (is it F or Z?)

    ReplyDelete