Saturday 21 January 2012

Contents page.

I like this contents page because i like the use of images to give an in site of what the number of that page is going to be about without telling the reader. The text also seems to fit well around all of the images. The use of black, red and white has been used as it stands out. Also the pictures have been chosen well as the colours all mix well together. The contents page seems to be quite in your face so is very eye catching for the reader. There is also not loads of text so it looks easy to follow and read. I like that at the top it tell the reader what issue the magazine is as some people may collect. I like the decoration next to the word features as i think it makes the page look quite artistic and is there for you not to miss when looking at the pictures. I also like the difference in colours between the numbers and text as it gives a good effect off. I do think that there should be a little bit more text on this so i will show more on mine but i think it is presented well with the columns. It is sort of set out like a photo album with the images and looks interesting a personal. It is also quite a messy rock style with a modern touch to it with the colours and the way the columns are. I like the way that under the numbers on the pictures that there s a little sentence of what it is going to be about or a question to get the reader thinking.

Again this has the use of black white and red and looks very effective and strong. I like the way that they have done the 3 types of main image in the middle and i like the way that they have been edited with the colour. It all goes well with the theme colours of black, white, and red by having a black and white photo and red one and a coloured one using the main colours within it. I like the way that the date is at the top with the word 'contents' as i think it look cool and interesting and also having the word 'drummer' as the biggest just shows what sort of music is inside of the magazine. The way the word 'exclusive' is used over half the image makes it looks interesting and as i reader i want to know what about it is exclusive so it draws me into it. The type of font of it also makes it stand out a lot more and by it being on a black background on the biggest image you see it a lot easier. I also like the way that there is only one column of text as it makes the page look interesting and it doesnt look too busy. I also like the way that they have put in a serprate box for what is normally in the magazine so that readers that buy it alot do not have to go over the same thing all of the time. I like the way that the pictures have been matched with numbers just to make it interesting and easier to find and look at. I really like the style of font as it is bold and very easy to read and also catches my eye on what it is about.

This contents page also has the use of the three main colours, black, white and red and again it looks very effective. It is set out in a number of different sized bow shapes and it makes it look very neat and modern. It makes it seem organised and is set out so it is easy to read and that certain things are put together. I am firstly drawn to the picture and the long thick black line above it which tells me what the page is. Also by looking straight at the line draws me to what the magazine features are get me interested. The picture has a use of black and white and quite dull colours to match the page. I can tell that the band in the image will be the main feature pf the magazine by the box that tells me what page it is on being the largest. I  like the way that there is either a quote or lyric from the band too which gives and incite of the sort of text i would be reading. The review box at the bottom is also very clear and it shows that the magazine has variety inside of it. The page looks very neat and well presented and i like the idea of using pictures so that the page does not look boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment